- Run SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the SQL Server database where you would like to create a login.
- Open Security.
- Right-click on Logins & then New Login.
- If you would like to assign rights to a Windows account, select “Windows authentication“. If you would like to create an account that exists only in the database, select “SQL Server authentication“.
- Provide the login name in the text box. You may use the Browse button to select an existing account if you chose Windows authentication.
- Choose a Password for SQL Server authentication.
- Press OK to finish creating the account.
Some where for me to express myself …